Shea is seeking an Interior Designer specializing in restaurant, hospitality, retail, and corporate/workplace environments to join our team.
You consider design to be a mindset, have the discipline and drive to solve problems, and can use design to bring an idea to life and tell a story.
You understand the building blocks of commercial design and have demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects, and can devise leading design solutions that exceed expectations. Most of all, you strive to achieve the Shea standards of service, collaboration, creativity, and results every day.
- A foundation of design skills and experience in development of conceptual design supported by strategic thinking and rationale to support your ideas.
- The ability to merge those design skills with an understanding of consumer experience and design of space to bring brands and experiences to life.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within commercial environments, including interior materials, finishes, furniture, and equipment.
- Collaboration with other team members, including, but not limited to designers, Design Director and Architect.
- Translation of approved design to the production of construction documents, and through construction administration under the direction/collaboration of project manager and/or Architect.
- Skills to verbally illustrate, rationalize, and present design concepts to teammates and clients clearly and effectively, with the ability to give and receive direction.
- Understanding of basic building code, detailed construction documents, and ability to determine compliance in quality and alignment with design.
- Capacity to thrive independently and in a teamwork setting, able to shift between multiple projects in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, Revit and a drive to stay current and curious in your level of knowledge and abilities.
- 5+ years’ design experience
Please attach your cover letter and resume to the form below. No phone calls/agency calls please. Shea is an Equal Opportunity Employer.