What makes Shea unique?
Our complete integration of designing brands and spaces? That we create experiences using all touchpoints in a space, large and small? Yes and yes. But what sets us apart even more are the custom details and touches we’re able to produce to make every project its own. Shea Design Delivered, our dedicated production/procurement group, makes magic happen for clients on a daily basis by finding and creating solutions that exceed every expectation.
Our team imagines, creates, and designs pieces and features that can’t be found anywhere else, and Design Delivered executes, assembles, and installs to bring those ideas to life—bringing a whole new level of value to the work we can do for our partners. When it comes to creativity, we have no limits: We have artisans, resources and the most talented team working to realize design dreams. Design Delivered is what helps Shea do just what we promise: Deliver on the most innovative designs in the most complete way.
We’re sharing that magic with you—watch here for an ever-changing highlight reel of some of the custom features we’ve been most proud to deliver.
- Designed a logo and brand identity to be incorporated into corner blade sign
- Sourced a cool antique weathervane lion, painted, crafted metal brackets and a carved wood insert, and installed.
Interlachen Country Club
- Dug through more than a hundred years of photos and boxes of history to create a homage using artifacts and images
- Designed and installed dozens of curated vignettes throughout Archive Room to show off Interlachen’s rich history
Sidebar at Surdyk’s
- Sorted through 80 years of iconic Surdyk family photos, advertisements and press clippings
- Created custom graphics showcasing the history of the brand and produced into wallcovering, and installed in the renowned spot’s first on-site restaurant
- Art-directed a hip local artisan to create oversize floral cross-stitch for a colorful new take on traditional artwork
7th Street Truck Park
- Hand-picked the best of more than 100 vintage beer cans (AKA: dumpster diving)
- Created custom fixtures on tiered metal armature for road-stop-style restaurant
Bat & Barrel
Twins Player Tables
- Designed communal tables honoring retired and beloved Twins players in Target Field’s coolest bar and restaurant, with numbers and signatures inlaid into tabletops and covered with epoxy
- Collaborated with artisan furniture-maker on production
Custom Beer Tap
- Custom-designed a kitchen beer tap featuring company logo for workplace happy hours, with changeable label to shift with the beer selection
- Designed and installed a custom neon-tube “fireplace” for Colle McVoy headquarters lobby to bring a new kind of warm welcome to the office
The Grocer’s Table
- Custom-designed live-edge wood sign with engraved letters, echoing the rustic vibe of the café and market
- Sourced boxcar wood and pipe bases for communal tables
- Hand-painted a custom dipped pattern for top surface and built tables with pipes for a rustic-industrial feel in the artsy Northeast neighborhood
- Custom-designed wallcovering pattern by Shea showing off key features of the Marvin family story and Nordic woodlands roots
- Collaborated with local artisan to produce and install as a focal feature in the office lounge
Hygiene Room Maps
- Designed and produced several laser-cut wood city maps of famed Italian landmarks and neighborhoods
- Installed maps on ceilings of dental-office hygiene rooms—giving patients something interesting to look at during cleanings and fillings
Scarlet at the St. James Hotel
- Designed customs booths featuring heritage leather and stitching details from Red Wing Shoes (the hotel owner and cornerstone of historic Red Wing)
- Worked with boothmaker to produce for a destination Red Wing restaurant in a centuries-old hotel
Valhalla Lounge at US Bank Stadium
Viking Ship Bar
- Designed a custom Viking ship bar with brass team logo inlay
- Coordinated with local millworker to produce and install for a luxury branded experience in owners’ stadium lounge
- Custom-designed mosaic tile entryway featuring Shea-crafted logo and brand
- Small tiles give a “doormat” feel and residential warmth to the vestibule