WORK FOR US
We’re always looking for top-notch talent to join our team.
Send your resume to email@example.com to be first on our radar.
Shea, Inc. is looking to fill two interior design positions—one hospitality-focused, and one more focused on corporate work. Candidates should be highly motivated, thrive in a collaborative environment, and have strong time-management skills, excellent design and presentation skills, and the ability to multitask.
Successful candidates will be the interior designer on multiple projects and collaborate with the design director on design, work on product sourcing, preparing presentations, material and FF&E selections/specification, production of construction drawings and work with the project manager/project architect on construction administration tasks.
Specific duties will include:
- Working in a team environment, always striving towards the common goal of a successful project
- Initiation and collaboration on conceptual design and design development
- Produce technical plans and documentation, utilizing Revit and/or Auto CAD
- Lead and assist in selection, research and specification of all furnishings, fixtures, accessories, finishes and lighting
- Produce/collaborate on presentations and computer generated renderings, utilizing Revit or Sketch Up and Adobe Suite.
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design. NCIDQ certified is beneficial.
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to collaborate
- Team-player attitude
- Must be able to drive specific direction to self and a team while applying common sense and motivation so as not to hold up timelines
- Flexibility in work schedule. Overtime is sometimes necessary when working on deadline-driven projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Creative Suite required. Experience in Sketch Up, Revit or other modeling programs a plus
- Experience with Revit in a documentation environment
Send cover letter, samples, and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls/agency calls please. Shea is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for development and implementation of architectural design concepts, layouts, and details under the supervision of an Architect, Project Manager, or Designer. Will prepare schematic, design-development, and construction documents with thorough knowledge and skills in Revit including 3D Modeling, documentation set-up, and detailing, implementing redlines and an understanding of code. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the fields of restaurant and hospitality, retail, corporate, and financial services. Send resumes to email@example.com.
Sr. Architect Quality/Spec Writer
Shea has a full-time opening for a Quality Control Architect/Specification Writer with 20+ years experience. The position includes mentoring/training staff and ensuring the highest quality standards are met from drawing inception to completion of construction.
• Creation/modification of the highest quality Shea standards, using best practices and current office operations.
• Review drawings and project information to write and edit specifications for projects. Specs must coordinate compliance with project requirements, institutional guidelines, Shea standards, technical conditions, acceptable standards, and existing laws, rules, regulations and codes.
• Ensure construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
• Provide quality management reviews and technical advice in design development through construction document phases.
• Review and redline construction documents, including but not limited to RFIs shop drawings, requisitions, change orders, etc
• Ensure the overall design intent of the project established by the Project Designer is incorporated into the detailed documentation.
• Supervise preparation of technical drawings by other less senior level staff.
• Mentor and direct team members and participate in professional development reviews.
• Act as a risk management resource to other project leaders, ensuring quality control.
• Provides continual development and improvement of Shea Master Specifications including its specialized content for project type or regional conditions as well as sustainable content
• Provide Code Analysis (municipal, state, UBC and ADA)and be actively involved in code changes
• Assist project managers with review and coordination of project agreements relative to professional service and general condition issues.
• Assist project architects and project designers with material and system constructability analysis.
• Assist project architects with shop drawing and product substitution review.
• Coordinate and review consultant technical specifications for conformance with Shea standards.
• May conduct internal specifications training.
• Conduct quality control reviews.
• Participate in developing and improving Shea document standards and best practice procedures.
• Meet with municipal building department and other governing agency officials to coordinate approvals or variances.
• Strong knowledge of architectural and interior design, engineering coordination, design trends, products, construction methodology, building systems, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
• Strong knowledge of construction procedures and schedules.
• Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process
• Strong knowledge of building envelope components, interior plans and material requirements of all building and facility types.
• Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
• Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
• Advanced knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
• Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to produce a well-coordinated, detail-oriented, fully integrated Project Manual.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and produce results within deadline.
• Teamwork oriented, with ability to communicate well among management and staff.
Revit Project Coordinator
We’re seeking a full-time Project Coordinator with 5+ years’ experience. Must have strong knowledge of BIM/Revit software, with experience working in restaurant/retail/hospitality preferable. Candidates should be self-motivated and dedicated, with good teamwork and communication skills and a high level of professionalism in keeping with Shea’s dedication to put clients first. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting Project Manager/Architect in preparing presentation drawings including 3D renderings and fly-throughs
- Assisting Project Manager/Architect in developing project documents for bidding and construction using Revit
- Assisting Project Manager/Architect with file exchanges, coordination, and communication with consultants
- Creating construction documents to conform to project requirements and Shea standards
Please fill out the form below to receive a physical copy of our Shealink publication.